Now accepting submissions for 2014
Deadline for submissions: Midnight, April 1, 2014
How To Apply:
Gi60 is open to everybody; all you need is an idea and an internet connection. Since its inception in 2003, the Gi60 festival has premiered hundreds of new pieces of work written by people of all ages and backgrounds from around the world. So if you have an idea or something to say, why not write a play?
• Plays must last no longer than 60 seconds
• All work must be totally original and the author's own work
• All submissions must be sent by email and must include your name, address and location before the title of your work. The title of the play should appear in the subject line of the email
• Individuals may submit as many one minute plays as they wish (one submission only per email). PLEASE SEND EACH PLAY IN A SEPARATE FILE WITH THE TITLE OF THE PLAY IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
• Entries from schools must include the name of the school and a teacher's contact details in addition to the name of the author
• All submissions must be emailed to: email@example.com.
• Copyright remains with the author
• Plays will be made available for download on the Gi60 Channel on YouTube several months after the event
• Plays will only be performed as part of 'Gi60 (Gone in 60 Seconds)'
• Plays lasting longer than 60 seconds will not be considered, and plays that have been previously submitted in past years will not be considered
• The organizers reserve the right to choose the venue for performance (this means your play could be selected for performance in the UK or the USA)
• The organizers may use individual plays to promote the Gi60 festival for a period of one year after the festival
• Final play selection will be posted on the blog site at www.gi60.blogspot.com, and on the Gi60 Group Facebook Page sometime in early May, 2014. We do not have the resources to respond individually to all who submit, so please join/sign up with the blog and FB page for all announcements.
• There is no submission fee or payment for selected plays
• The organizers reserve the right to cut scripts where necessary
- Performances for Gi60 2014 Live US Edition: Thursday June 12 through Sunday June 15, New Workshop Theater at Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, New York
- Performance for Gi60 2014 Live UK Edition: Saturday, June 14